Use an Airsoft silencer for that extra stealth factor
When people start thinking about making an airsoft silencer, questions about legality can arise. There is a misconception that owning a gun suppressor is illegal under United States federal law. However, gun silencers are legal, provided the owner has completed proper documentation and registration with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
Airsoft pistols use a spring to propel a small pellet from their barrel to a target and is not considered a lethal weapon. An airsoft silencer can be made from paper and some household items. Consult your local state laws for more information on purchasing, creating, and owning airsoft mufflers and mufflers.
To make a basic airsoft silencer (suppressor) you will need the following items:
- rolls of toilet paper
- pair of scissors
- toilet paper or cotton balls
- tape of any kind, although duct tape works best
- Super glue
- material to cover it with
- To make an airsoft muffler (suppressor), you must first cut the roll of paper in half and lay it flat. Make sure not to bend it too much, otherwise it may wrinkle the roll and render it useless.
- Use super glue and put lines of super glue on the inside of the roll.
- Then put toilet paper or cotton balls on top of the super glue. When using toilet paper, it is easier to fold the paper into semi-thick rolls and package them with duct tape.
- Add tape on top of that layer and add super glue on the tape and repeat until the results are satisfactory.
- The last step in making an airsoft silencer (suppressor) is to roll the roll up again, tape it shut, and attach it to your weapon. You can glue it all in black, but be sure to add a bright color at the end to show it’s not a real weapon.
- Don’t let the super glue set for too long as this will cause it to dry before you can finish.
- If the roll is too light, try adding support by taping it or adding multiple rolls.
- The suppressor barrel should be clean and nothing should stick out.
Learn how to make an advanced airsoft silencer out of PVC pipe.