Perhaps one of the most striking features of any kitchen design is the countertops. Regardless of whether you like the country chic that seems to be so prevalent, touches of Old World chic, or you’ve embraced the sleek, straight lines of the modern kitchen, countertops are sure to be a key factor in the design. After all, this is where the magic begins.
Sure, it’s important to have all the right items, like your preferred stove, great lighting, and comfortable seating, but keep in mind that kitchen countertops can make the space inviting or feel cluttered and impersonal. So how do you select the counters that will send the message you want? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Think about your lifestyle. If you have little ones, you may not want to invest in angled-edged granite countertops. Children will not always be small, but minimizing the risk of injury is always an advantage. Plus, granite countertops have so many edging options that you can be sure to find one to suit your lifestyle.
- Consider your style. When it comes to options like granite, the color potential is quite extensive, but the finish is generally limited to a polished finish that can slightly darken the tone of the granite slab, or a polished finish that results in a more matte finish. gentle. Deciding how prominent you want your kitchen countertops to be will help.
- Resale value is important. While you may think that this is your forever home, that may not be the case. Be sure to choose countertops that create a visually appealing space for any potential buyer. Kitchen countertops like quarts, granite, and other natural stones will always add value and beauty.
- Consider the amount of maintenance required. Sure, laminate requires little to no maintenance, but its resale value is less. Most natural stones will require resealing, but this is a small investment when you think about beauty, practicality, and resale value.
- Think of the other colors in your kitchen. Consider things like wall and floor color, cabinets and appliances, and choose kitchen countertops that complement them. Since granite is available in so many colors, you can find one that works with your color scheme; you may only need to take a day to visit local showrooms.
Choosing the perfect countertops for your dream kitchen doesn’t have to be stressful. Keep these tips in mind, then take the time to visit a few different showrooms. Ask questions and consider your concept of design, comfort and of course colors, and in no time you’ll have the kitchen you’ve always wanted.