According to Ayurveda, the nervous system can be affected by:
1. Nervous habits like nail biting, gum chewing all the time.
2. Emotional insecurity especially from childhood. Parents yelling at children or speaking intensely with emotional confusion.
3. Sexual addiction behavior
4. Intake of iced beverages, especially just before eating.
5. Excessive exercise.
6. Eating fast food, especially in the car, while driving.
7. Constant exposure to very cold climates.
8. Delayed meal times and erratic hours.
9. Go to bed too late like 11: 00-12: 00 pm.
10. Staying indoors too long and not having enough natural light or living in dark places, like Washington state in the US.
11. Wear black and other dark colors all the time.
Here are the top 11 reasons why the nervous system can be affected only in the course of everyday life.
Note that this list does not include, for example, trips of more than 30 minutes to and from work. Not to mention accidents, financial problems, relationship struggles, and more.
Ayurveda teaches that, as common knowledge tells us, the nervous system directs the body. That it is electrical, like the electricity that runs through the nervous tissue. So we have two things to think about when we want to feel more relaxed and have healthier nerves. One, how fast electricity flows through nerve tissue and two, how healthy is nerve tissue.
Below are some signs of nervous system imbalances, dry skin, lips, eyes, joints, colon, and constipation. Have you had dizziness lately? This is another symptom of an imbalance in the nervous system.
Have you been feeling confused, ungrounded, or plagued by anxiety? However, another set of problems is directly related to nervous system imbalances, and you do not immediately think of going to the doctors to complain.
These are just the acceptable symptoms that most of us endure before going to a doctor’s appointment.
Here are some serious disorders that can develop from these eleven causes or behaviors: Hernia, emphysema Loss of taste, tingling and numbness, and general body aches and even osteoporosis.
What to do? After asking you, how many of these eleven causes do I see in my daily life?
First things first, stop engaging in the identified behaviors. Second, yoga, meditation, eating on time, and going to bed on time are your best self-care moves. These are the words of Ayurveda teachers since ancient times.
You can go here and sign up for my online class and learn more about plant-based diets and lifestyle practices that will give you deep sleep and an energizing alert day.